Heating and Cooling Service Checklist
Help the technician accurately and quickly diagnose your heating or cooling unit's problem
For heating and air conditioning units that may need to be repaired, you should be prepared to provide important information to your technician. You know the “personality” of your heating or cooling unit. No fact is insignificant and may help your technician diagnose and fix a problem.
Be prepared to tell the technician:
- The brand and/or model number of your unit.
- The age of your furnace or air conditioner.
- When was it last serviced and who last serviced it.
- When the filters were last changed.
- Did you check your circuit breakers to make sure none were “tripped”?
- When you first noticed that it seemed to not be working properly.
- Was it making any unusual noises?
- Are there any unusual odors?
- Was there any unusual weather activity before the equipment acted up?
- If you saw unusual fluids or leakage around the unit.
- Have heating and cooling equipment installed and serviced by a NATE-certified technician.
A NATE-certified technician will perform a thorough evaluation of your heating or cooling unit. By providing detailed information you'll speed up the diagnosis and service of your equipment, thus returning your home to a comfortable level faster.